Rainwater is a free and abundant resource that many of us take for granted. Untreated rainwater can contain bacteria, viruses, parasites, and other contaminants that pose a variety of health risks.
With the ever increasing move of people from high density areas like Sydney into rural and regional NSW, it's becoming even more critical that people filter their rainwater - especially if your primary water source has always been treated mains water. If rainwater becomes your primary or only source of drinking water then it's important to have an effective filtration system in place.
In this blog post we will discuss the benefits of using Puretec Hybrid Systems for filtering your rainwater so you don't have to worry about impurities when filling up at the tap!
Puretec Hybrid Systems are a whole house filtration system that treats rainwater at the point of entry. This is important because prior to water entering your home it can come into contact with all sorts of microorganisms and impurities that could be detrimental to your health.
Untreated rainwater has been known to cause upset stomachs, diarrhea and other ailments in humans due to impurities like bacteria, viruses parasites and more!
The Whole House filter systems don’t cost a lot more than other systems and provide pure water for showering and bathing reducing the negative effects of chlorine on your skin.
There are many benefits of whole house water filters:
- They protect the whole house from sediment extending the service life of your outlets
- Prevent the hot water system from building up with silt and sludge,
- Cartridges last a long time (6-12 months depending on use) so there's no need to change your filter every month like in some portable water filters)
- Installed outside with simple tools included: making cartridge changes very simple
- Every tap in your house will provide you with clean drinking water by reducing the impurities that are present in rainwater!
- If you do have access to mains water - it will filter that as well. So if you've had issues with sensitive skin because you have a negative reaction to chlorine or simply do not like drinking the chemicals used to clean mains water.
- First of all, you will need to shut off the water supply to the system
- To change the filter cartridges, unscrew the filter housings using the spanner and remove the old cartridges, then clean the bowls with PureTech
- Check the o-rings for damage
- Remove the packaging from the new filter cartridges and insert them
- It's time to replace the UV lamp.
- Next, we need to check the court sleeve to ensure it is clean.
- It's time to reinstall the sleeve by placing an o-ring on the new or clean sleeve
- We just have to install the new lamp
- Turn on a downstream tap and let water run through the unit
- Enjoy your perfected water